For convenience reasons and because I love them, I have a salad for lunch most days of the week, and this one is my fave. I keep a container of freshly washed bagged salad in the refrigerator at all times, so I just add whatever "fixins" I have, including leftover protein from last nite's dinner. You can add as many fresh veggies as you like; whatever healthy add-inn you use, it's always tasty. Today's salad was this delicious grilled chicken salad:
1. Romaine lettuce and baby spinach
2. Sliced pears
3. Chicken breast strips (marinated in fat-free Italian dressing and grilled)
4. Sprinkle of feta cheese
5. Sprinkle of sliced almonds
6. 10 dried cranberries
7. Ground flax seed
8. 1-2 tablespoons fat-free Italian salad dressing
Tip for the day:
Remember, all fruits are not created equal.
1. Fruits are carbs, so they should be eaten before 2pm everyday to give your body the rest of the day to burn them off.
2. Some fruits are higher in sugar than others. In the Accelerate cycle, Dr. Mike suggests lower sugar fruits such as apples, oranges, pears, berries, and grapefruit.
Warning-- if you take any medications check with your doctor first to see if your medications are affected by eating grapefruit. For some medications grapefruit can affect the way medications are broken down in the body that can lead to a drug overdose.