Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just started the 3rd Cycle this week...

Sorry it took me so long to post again.  I have an online handbag and accessories business (Savvy Chic Bags) and we are having a big coupon sale next week Wednesday, so I've been busy getting everything ready for that.  In the meantime I had everything else, including this blog, on hold for a minute.

Sunday's weigh-in for last week was a little disappointing, I only lost 1.8 lbs., but it was pretty much what I expected.  The Activate cycle started adding in some healthy carbs, and that's where the problem starts for me.  Even a minimal amount of carbs really slows down my weight loss progress.  I wanted to go back to the 1st (Accelerate) cycle again, but Dr. Moreno advises against it.  Since the diet works by metabolism confusion, he says you need to go through all 3 of the weight loss cycles first and if you haven't lost all of your weight by that time, you can start over again with the 1st cycle.  So Tuesday was my first day on the 2nd (Activate) cycle, and this one is really scary for me because it adds in the remaining carbs that I couldn't have before.  This cycle adds whole grain and whole wheat breads and cereals, along with adding virtually any vegetables and most lean meats.  I can have up to 2 carbs per day, but I think I'm going to limit my consumption to one per day, just to stay on the safe side.

Today's breakfast:
1 cup Fiber One cereal with a few dried cranberries and 1% milk.
1/2 cup of cubed mango
1 cup green tea

Today's Lunch:
Chicken Stir-Fry left-overs from last night's dinner over 1/4 cup brown basmati rice
1 cup green tea

Tonight's dinner: maple walnut salmon with lite coleslaw and steamed broccoli.
Maple Salmon with Walnuts
Ingredients:
4  salmon fillets
1/4 cup of lite maple syrup      
2 tablespoons of lite soy sauce
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Sea salt
Pepper
Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 400.  In a small bowl, combine syrup, soy sauce and garlic and mix. together.  Line a baking dish with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.  Place salmon in baking dish, skin side down,  and season with salt and pepper and top with walnuts.  Coat salmon with sauce mixture and bake in oven for approx. 30 minutes or until done.

Lite Coleslaw
Ingredients:
1 c. reduced calorie Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
1.5 teaspoons mustard
4 teaspoons or packets of Splenda
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 bag of coleslaw
Directions:
Mix first 8 ingredients together in small bowl. Put coleslaw in large bow and add dressing. Mix well and chill before serving. 
 
This coleslaw was really good.  I actually only used half the dressing to keep it even more low calorie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment