Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Repost of original post dated Feb. 20, 2011

Day 12 into the 17 Day Diet Accelerate Cycle...

Breakfast for me today was pretty much more of the same.  I don't like yogurt or cottage cheese so I usually just have an omelet, fruit and green tea for breakfast.  I will be sooo glad when I add carbs---I never thought I would crave a packet of instant oatmeal ;-)  Today's breakfast was an herbed omelet using a little basil and parsley, and topped with fresh jalapeno salsa.  This is the best fresh salsa; it's the Grandessa Signature brand I found at Aldi's yesterday for only $1.99 and it tastes way better than any I've had so far.

Tip:  I use hot pepper flakes and hot sauce a lot for extra flavor, and also because the capsaicin in hot peppers helps speed up the metabolism and suppresses appetite and cravings for sweets.

Lunch was a spinach and pear salad with salmon, and green tea.  I know it's probably silly but I always feel that t if I eat tuna, salmon etc.straight from the can I'm going to be eating some live parasites.  I know--that sounds really nasty.  So I always cook mine first; I made salmon patties and I broke one up and used it in my salad.  Also, doing it this way means I have cooked salmon patties on hand  for another meal.  Here are my own recipes for salmon patties and the spinach/pear/salmon salad:

Salmon Patties
Ingredients:
1 14oz. can of salmon (remove bones)
1 small onion, chopped
1 egg white
Approx. 1 tsp. of Dijon mustard (or any mustard)
Dried rosemary
Dried dill weed
Lemon pepper
Old Bay Seasonning (or any seasoning of choice)
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Hot pepper flakes

Mix first four ingredients together; add remaining seasonings.  Form into four patties and cook on medium heat in hot skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Makes 4 servings.

Spinach/Pear/Salmon Salad
Ingredients:
Fresh spinach
Romaine lettuce (optional)
Salmon Pattie (or flaked fresh canned salmon)
Onion (fresh or flakes to taste)
Small fresh pear thinly sliced*
1 tablespoon low-fat feta cheese
Sprinkle of flax seed
Salad seasoning
2 tablespoons fat-free Italian dressing
*You can substitute the pear for another fruit such as an apple, or orange or grapefruit slices.

Dinner tonight is going to be broiled salmon with about two cups of steamed broccoli seasoned with a teaspoon of Smart Balance margarine, lemon pepper, garlic, onion powder and a little seasoned salt.

Just 5 more days to the addition of some healthy carbs...... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment