Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tonight's Dinner: Shrimp Stir-Fry with Quinoa

I love a stir-fry, and I usually make chicken, but just for variety I thought I'd make a shrimp stir-fry today.  I'm not a big fan of sea food, but it was still tasty anyway.  Since I'm on the Activate (second) cycle, I can have shrimp and a few healthy carbs, so I put my stir-fry over Qunioa.  I love Quinoa.  Here is my stir-fry recipe; you can easily substitute cooked cubed chicken for the shrimp if desired:
Shrimp Stir-Fry with Quinoa
Ingredients:
1 14ox bag of cooked peeled and deveined large shrimp
1/2 bag (approx. 1 lb) of frozen stir-fry veggies (I use La Choy Asian Stir-Fry Vegetables)
4 Scallions
3 garlic cloves, minced
Grated fresh ginger (to taste)
Approx. 3 tablespoons of canola oil
1/4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth 
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Jack Daniels
1 teaspoon of corn starch
1 teaspoon of sugar (I use Splenda)
Quinoa (pronounced Keen-Wa)

Directions:
Add 2 tablespoons of oil to hot skillet and swirl to cover pan.  Reduce heat to medium low and add scallions, ginger and garlic and stir fry for about 1 minute (make sure garlic does not burn).  Add vegetables and remaining oil; stir-fry on med-high heat (if using regular frying pan-use high heat for wok) for approx. 3 minutes or until veggies are cooked but still crisp.  Add shrimp and toss.
In small bowel combine chicken broth, soy sauce, Jack Daniels, sugar and cornstarch.  Add to shrimp and veggies, stir until sauce thickens slightly.  Serve over Quinoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment