Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In

This past week was my worst week to-date, and I expected that since I ate too many carbs, and I also went out to dinner and had dessert (cheesecake) on Thursday.  On the 17 Day Diet you can sensibly eat what you want on the weekends once you reach your goal weight and are on the maintenance part of the diet.  Unfortunately I'm not at that point yet, so I shouldn't have had a rich dessert yet.  So I paid for my bad behavior last week by losing only one pound for the week.  But I'm not complaining; I didn't gain and that's what's important.

Today I was searching online for some interesting and healthy recipes and I stumbled upon a really interesting article on the health benefits of ginger root.  I always knew ginger was good for you, but I had no idea just how good.  It significantly helps with everything from joint pain and nausea to ovarian and colerectal cancer.  I plan to incorporate fresh ginger root into my diet daily, whether I use it in my food preparation or just steeped in a cup of tea.  Fresh ginger root is the best, but ground dried ginger works too.  Here is the link to the article:  http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=72

I think Chinese Walnut Chicken Stir-Fry is on the menu for this evening's dinner, and of course it's going to include ginger!  I will probably post a pic later...

No comments:

Post a Comment