Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Today's Breakfast--Yummy Spinach and Egg White Fritatta and Sliced Pears

I posted this photo on Facebook today and many people asked for the recipe for my spinach and egg white fritatta, so here it is. This is a 17 Day Diet recipe; I changed it a little just because the diet recipes are usually pretty uninspired when it comes to spices--they usually just say "salt and pepper" and that's it ;-)... I'm all about the spices so I always tell people to remember to add their own. But here it is with my additions:

Spinach and Egg White Fritatta
Ingredients:
1. 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites, beaten
2. scallions
3. handful of washed and torn fresh spinach
4. heaping tablespoon of fresh jalapeno salsa
5. approx. 1/8 cup 2% cheddar
6. dried basil
7. garlic powder
8. dash of cumin
9. salt and pepper
Directions:
Mix all ingredients and pour into a small frying pan or baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 450 for about 20 minutes or until done. Divide into two servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment