Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Repost of original post dated Feb. 27, 2011

17-Day Diet Update...

Well, my first cycle (Accelerate cycle) of the 17 Day Diet was over on Friday, Feb. 25th and like Jennifer Hudson, "I'm Feelin Good!"  I lost a total of 14 lbs and within 17 days!!  I'm really excited because I don't lose weight easily at all, and I've never lost that much within such a short period of time.

Yesterday I started the second cycle which is the Activate cycle.  It adds in up to two natural carbs per day like oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, yams, even white potatoes; the potatoes and yams should be medium size which means they can fit in the palm of your hand.  The grains are limited to 1 serving which equals one half cup. This Activate cycle alternates days with one day on the no-carb Acclerate Diet, and the next on the low-carb Activate diet.   The most important thing to remember about this cycle is that you have to eat all of your fruits and carbs by 2 PM.  I know I'm going to like this cycle a lot better because I really missed my carbs, but I'm a little scared too because I know how carb sensitive I am, and that even a small amount of them can really have a negative impact for me.

By the way, I made a really nice chicken recipe this week.  I was really getting bored with chicken and fish, so I cooked my bonesless/skinless chicken breasts in my electric skillet like I always do.  I love that skillet; I use it everyday, and for almost everything--I hardly ever use my stove anymore; it's such an easy fat-free way to cook.  I sprayed my skillet with non-stick cooking spray and seasoned and cooked the breasts.  When they were almost done I topped them with a can of diced jalapeno tomatoes (I seasoned them first with Italian seasoning, basil, garlic) and then topped with a dab of shredded 2% cheddar cheese.  It was really good; healthy, spicy and flavorful with a Mexican twist.  Even my daughter loved it, and she isn't even on a diet.

Well, my next weigh-in is next Sunday.  I just hope it won't be a depressing one... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment